Panorama shot of Observatory B&B taken by Nick Ivanov, Aerial
AUGUST 17, 2021
The Nk’Mip fire has moved well away from us. We are conducting business as usual under sometimes smoky, but more often quite acceptable, skies. Please check with DriveBC.ca if you are in doubt about possible delays or detours. Highway 3 is clear in this area.
AUGUST 9, 2021
UPDATE FOR GUESTS FROM THE US:
- Welcome back, neighbours!
- Effective August 9, 2021, Canada will allow entry to fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents (currently residing in the US) for leisure travel. If you meet the entry criteria, fully vaccinated travellers do not have to quarantine upon arrival to Canada.
- We encourage all travellers to be fully informed of
the pre-entry and on-arrival public health and testing requirements both federally and provincially. This includes the mandatory use of the ArriveCAN app. Travellers should plan for extra time in the lead up, and upon the arrival of their trip.
- For the latest information on travel to Canada including the updated federal requirements and restrictions, please visit the Government of Canada website.
• BC tour operators, accommodation providers and attraction hosts have implemented stringent protocols to keep visitors safe, and visitors are asked to return the favour by travelling responsibly this summer and fall.
• Travellers are encouraged to reference Destination BC’s “Know Before You Go” page for information on the latest travel restrictions, what’s open and more.
To qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you must:
• Be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date you enter
• Have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
• Have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
o Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1st, then Friday July 16th would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition.
Jack & Alice
At the Observatory B&B, our motto is We Promise the Sun, Moon & Stars, and, we DELIVER! Each season sees us welcoming back guests as friends, and we eagerly await making new ones! Do check out our list of enjoyable and educational activities as well as our amenities. Add those to a tasty breakfast and world-class observing, and you’ll see why we have become a destination for lots of folks. We have absolutely THE best view of any B&B in the South Okanagan.
Because weather can be unpredictable, we recommend that you stay for at least two nights; in fact, because we’re not getting any younger and do all our own cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc., we always give preference to requests for stays of longer than one night. The chance of getting a good night improve when you stay a little longer and we’ll get to know you better.
Come take a look. We’d love to meet you!
Kindly send in a reservation request from the registration page so that we have all of your contact information. Many thanks!
Contacting Jack & Alice until further notice (250) 495-6745
1270 Highway 3 East, Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V6
Our rates have changed for 2021. Please refer to our rates page for further information. Also new: the Eclipse Suite now has a king bed in each of its two bedrooms.